Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Jeans

As many of you know the revolution in denim is just around the corner. It's not anything new really, the return of the 80's look: ie the skinny pants. This change will do as much for big bellied women as the "boot-cut" did for big butts. What do I mean by this you ask? (Yes, I know there isn't anybody asking and very few comments yet, but I think people are just really being shy. Noone wants to go first! Ha ha!) Anyhoo, with the return of the skinny pants or leggings, or whatever style you choose there also comes the return of the oversized shirt, which will inevitably help to conceal the couple extra slices of pumpkin pie that are stuck to your belly from Thanksgiving. This however does not help me!!! I'm curvy. I have wide hips and a round butt! I miss the days of boot cut jeans and baby t's. These were styles that were meant for me and every other pear shaped, J-Lo loving female. Please do what you can for the miss new booty's and hold on to your boot cuts as long as possible. This way I won't be completely out of style when I continue to wear mine. It's only a matter of time, though, before I give in to this fashion disaster and wear straight legs, so I'll keep you informed. Let's just hope it doesn't go all the way to tapered leg or the ankle roll again! Band together bootilicious girls and stop the twigs!

1 comment:

Clickin Mama J said...

Oh I remember rolling my jeans. I was really good at it! Can't believe I ever did that!!!