Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Changes for the spring...

So, I'm predicting that there will be 3 major trends this season.
1. The greek goddess look, with long flowy gowns and braided necklines will influence alot of shirts this season. Perhaps we will see alot of braided straps on tank tops this summer or shirts cut with the princess seam line, just under the chest. I'm thinking there will be a return of the rounded-square neck and less of the v-neck. I've also seen and heard about the return of the baby-doll. If you don't remember this, think mid-90's, flirty, dress-like tops with boots, seen on stars like Amy Grant and that girl from "Saved by the Bell."
2. Greys and tweeds will be out in pencil skirts and shoes. I'm personnally looking forward to the cute heals, which I think will take on much more of the rounded toe or peep toe look. I know that I was very excited to wear my cute new closed toe, bronze colored sling-backs to work today! The weather finally warmed up enough to melt the ice and all was safe in the world of heals again!
3. Colors will focus on shades of pearl, white, and beige. Also, as mentioned in #2 there will be alot of grey. Gold and bronze will play a bigger part this year than it has in the past and black will become, ahem, "So last season!" I'm still gonna wear it, because black is one of my signature colors that I love, but it will take a backseat this season. Also, remember it's spring and the focus will be on all things fresh and new!
This is just my opinion, based on what I see and what I feel like wearing each day. So really it is just whatever inspires me. I guess you can take my opinion for what it's worth (which I think about 20 cents is the going rate!) Just kidding!

1 comment:

No Mas said...

Sounds as if I need to go shopping!
I love the bronzes and beiges so hopefully they will be in this season - I'll be wearing them anyway!