Thursday, March 15, 2007

Flat Hair

So, I have flat hair, and I believe I have tried nearly every Volumizing hair product under the sun. Every time I find something I like, they discontinue it or something. I know all the tricks about, flipping your hair over while blow drying, using a round brush while blow drying, and not putting conditioner on the upper portion of your hair. I also know that giving your hair a blast of cool water at the end of the shower will help and that having a shorter cut will keep your hair from being weighted down and that having highlights will give the illusion of have many dimensions and being fuller. What else can I do? What else will work? I want to have fuller hair permanently and I cannot afford extensions! (Clearly, working in social services is not a job that allows for such extravagant things!) I once tried a product that was supposed to give like 30% more volume. Whatever! What is thirty percent more than nothing? Ha! I want a permanent fix that will increase the volume on my hair by 300%. OK, that's a little extreme, but really, is that such a terrible thing to wish for? I want to have long hair that doesn't look like a pancake. I'm asking for help, because I have a hundred and one tricks, but really, I just want to wake up and have long, flowing, shiny, bouncy tresses! Yes, that's what I want for Christmas this year. And world peace. But then I will be that unemployed girl with the gorgeous hair. I can live with that!

1 comment:

No Mas said...

Highlights should add some volume to your hair as it thickens the shaft. I have the worlds thickest hair and it is wavy so it is a challenge to keep it under control. My style actually looks better after a day or two of not shampooing - then it isn't frizzy.